Resources Provided For A Fast And Easy Transaction
Domestic Wire Transfer From U.S. Bank
If you are making a wire transfer payment from a U.S. Bank account, then please contact us directly for more information.
International Wire Transfer Payment
American University now partners with Western Union GlobalPay to process international wire payments for international students. This payment option allows you to pay the University your student account balance in the currency of your choice and provides a simple and secure method for initiating payments electronically. We encourage all international students to choose this cost effective and efficient method of payment to the university.
- Favorable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Reduced bank fees because the wire transfer is considered to be a domestic transfer
- Payments post to the student account within 2-5 business days from transfer
When you enter the U.S. Dollar amount you wish to pay, Western Union will handle the conversion from your home country and pay American University in U.S. Dollars.
- If you elect to pay in U.S. Dollars from your home country, please note that Western Union will charge a $20.00 processing fee.
- There is no fee for converting international currency to U.S. Dollars.
Instructions and additional information on how to use Western Union GlobalPay can be located here.
Make your International Wire Transfer Payment here: Western Union GlobalPay
Please note: The Western Union GlobalPay website works best with Firefox, Chrome and Safari browsers.